Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Hunger Games

My niece (you know the one that is "blessed" with my crochet projects) is crazy about the Hunger Games, and this Friday she is going to see the movie on the opening night.  She already has the tickets.  I have seen a chart for the Mockingjay pin on Pinrest and told her about it.  I thought that maybe I could make her something with the picture on it.  A hat maybe?  She went on the internet searching for it and told me about a pin she saw.  Now since I needed to make this for her for Friday, I sat down tonight with the hopes to make something to show her.  I have been slacking lately with projects that needed to be done and concentrating more on fun, impulsive things (not good since I have some orders to fill).  I soon realized that if I follow the chart using the yarn on hand, I will come up with something rather big... definitely not something I can fit on a hat.  And with the weather we've been having I'm not quite sure that she would want to wear a hat anyways.  I googled to see  if I could find the pin she was talking about and came upon this handmade knitted pin and thought that maybe that would be something she would like better.  So I tried making something similar in crochet.  I think it turned out rather nicely, but it's still not finished.  I am not sure what she will put it on so I haven't put it together yet.  I am now waiting for her approval :)  I'm sure she will love it though (even though  it's rather big for a pin).  Well here is a picture of what I have made... 



Here is a picture of the finished hat that my sister sent me.  My niece loves it and can't wait to wear it to school tomorrow to show it off.  



\
\

5 comments:

  1. Can you PLLLLEEEAAAAASSSEEEE post a pattern?? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to work one up again. I have been asked for a pattern for this by a number of people but I have never written it up while I was making it. I will have to try making one again :) I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. Do you have the pattern for this? I've been looking everywhere for a mockingjay pater, and I can't find one and this one is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sorry I do not... I just kind of winged it. I've been asked quite a bit for one and if I just had the time I would try to write one up.

      Delete
  3. PLEEEAAASE make a pattern! You did an amazing job on that hat!

    ReplyDelete