Wednesday, 28 March 2012

I'm a yarnaholic... and proud of it :)

So.... I went yarn shopping today.  Needed to get one ball of yarn to finish my order for the photographer, but Michaels had this great sale, and an additional 20% off, and... well I think I went a little overboard.  But it's okay, I tell myself,  I have seen these great afghans on Pinrest.  I need to make one or two... so here is the yarn for it.






Look how pretty they are... almost like a rainbow:) I got 3-4 balls of each.  How much yarn do you need to make a blanket? I am planning on making 2 out of this yarn, but they are for my kids so I hope I have enough. Also I have never worked with this yarn before so I hope it's nice and durable.


But that is not the end of my yarn shopping... I have stopped by VV, and guess what?  Someone must have de-stashed, because they had a ton to offer.  Well they no longer do but they did :)  Here is what left their stash and made it into mine 













And I found these and just had to have them.  There is this purse pattern I saw.... it will need handles, and the little heads... Look how precious they are.  I can see some puppets in our future.  I'm sure my little princess would love them.


And while I'm on the topic of things other than crochet.... I also got some canvasses (buy 1 get one for 1cent, and additional 20% off) and started on a project I saw on Pinrest.  I just adored this sign, but I don't think I would have enough patience to make it from wood like she did.  Instead I ended up with a 24x48in canvas for $20, and am painting it on.  I have put the first layer on and now have to wait for that to dry to continue... here's what I have so far....



And I also started working with the first yarn in the picture (that turned out being a horrible yarn)... It looked interesting in the bag, nice color and texture... but it's horrible.  Maybe I should have read the tag (100% olefin fibre).  Let's just say it's not the softest/nicest thing I've ever touched and I just cannot imagine doing anything wearable with it... Sooo I decided to make a doormat/rug for my entryway.  Here's how it looks so far.  I started with a chain and SC on the first row, HDC second row, DC third row, and alternating HDC and DC for the following rows.  I am thinking about doing Popcorn Stitch around as a border.  I'll post pics once it's done.












5 comments:

  1. You are krazy. I was going to stop at VV yesterday but didn't. The Red Heart Soft is nice. I used some on my Japanese flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are krazy. I was going to stop at VV yesterday but didn't. The Red Heart Soft is nice. I used some on my Japanese flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just jealous because I beat you to it :) But seriously, I'm going to listen to your advice and organize my yarn soon. I just have a few projects in the works that will de-stash me a bit (hopefully). And the Red Heart Soft... love the colors.

      Delete
  3. Hi, thanks so much for popping by my blog the other day and leaving a comment. So glad you found me!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love your projects, both knit and crochet. You truly inspire me to make some beautiful blankets for my girls. They are so nice and colorful. Love them all :)

      Delete