Friday, 6 April 2012

Eggs, Cookies, and dinosaurs?

First of all I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter, if you celebrate that is.  We do.  I am Polish and we have a lot of traditions that surround this holiday.  But just like everyone here we color our eggs, and that is what we did today.  Since I buy the coloring kits on clearance after Easter, and my kids thought they were way cool and opened them, I had to watch some online tutorials just to figure out how to use them.  But we had lots of fun.  




And here is the finished product...


And of course can't forget the cookies...  We made some chocolate chip cookies to snack on while we were working.  This is what was left when I went to take the picture.  Not even enough to send to dziadzia's (grandpa) house.  But we'll make another batch before we go tomorrow.


And I know that it's Easter and everyone is in the Easter crochet mood... But what do I make?  A DINOSAUR HAT.  Yes you heard me right... a dino hat.  I make whatever I'm in the mood for... So here is what I came up with.





I hope Jen likes it as much as i do.  Oh and in the last picture you can see my little guy checking on the new fish we got yesterday.  Our tank was looking pretty bare and we happened to stop by the pet store to pick up some food for our hedgehogs.  He went with me with a hidden agenda... get more fish.  And now he has to take care of them :)


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! That hat is SO stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You. I like how it turned out. I've been seeing these around and thought they were super cute so I decided to make one and it had to be neutral so the bow is removable.

      Delete
  2. Wow, so much fun and they all look fantastic. love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I do like how it turned out as well:)

      Delete
  3. Do you have a pattern for the dinosaur hat? I have a daughter that LOVES dinosaurs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not follow a pattern to make this hat. I made one last
      year for my son with eyes last year, but wanted to make this newborn version for a photo prop for a friend who is a photographer. The one I made last year did not have the long tail in the back though. Here is a pattern I found on pinrest though that you could follow. It is for a dino hat. http://collegecraft.wordpress.com/2012/03/02/dinosaur-baby-hat-pattern/ Mine is similar to that, as in a basic beanie with the long tail. For the spikes I used SC, HDC, HDC (in the first space), DC, DC, TR (in the second space), ch2, TR, DC, DC (in the third space), HDC, HDC, SC (in the fourth space). That would give you one spike... so you would go on to make as many as you like. For the bow, I just made up mine. All I did was crochet a rectangle and then fold it in on both sides and tie the string around it, but here is a pattern for one if that would make it easier for you. They are a bit different but would work just as well. http://www.happytogethercreates.com/2010/08/crocheted-hair-bows-tutorial.html If you have any other questions let me know, I'll try to help :)

      Delete