Thursday, 12 April 2012

More Yarn

I dragged my kids around town today with me, and got some wonderful things.  So excited to share them with you.  First I went to Zellers that is closing down (still no good sales on yarn)  and picked up 2 crochet hooks and knitting needles.  The fat ones... soo excited.  I now will try my hand at the broomstick lace crochet.  I saw some things made with it and think they are just lovely... Cannot wait.


I also stopped by a thrift shop and ... guess what I picked up for under $20.  Yarn, yarn, and more yarn... look at all this wonderful pile of yarn... how could I pass this up.  


Well here is the breakdown of what I got.  A bag of 9 balls of Bernat Softee Chunky... I just love the color... It is very pretty.


3 balls of Bernat Softee Baby


1 ball of Bernat Baby Jacquards


2 balls of Impeccable... I know, I know... do I really need more?


2 balls of Vanna's Choice... I have never worked with this yarn, but here is my chance to try it out.


And this pile of Patons Misty... I just love the color of this yarn... 


And last but not least... this mystery yarn.  I have no idea what I will make with it, and am open to suggestions.  I just had to have it.  The pictures don't do it justice, this thing is really stunning.  But very thin.  I have never worked with anything this thin before.  Will be a lot of work.  I would love to know what it's for though... originally that is.  So if anyone can give me some input on what this is I would greatly appreciate it.  For now I'll be looking for a pattern to use it on.





Of course the kids had some fun too... We went to feed the fish (or sharks as Amaan used to call them).  The kids love going.  You would never think that going to the cementary would be an outing that kids would enjoy... but it truly is.  Here are some pics of my little ones.  My oldest was at school.










2 comments:

  1. Dear my friend, Yarn colors are wonderful. You can make very kind of things with them. And I must say that you have very pretty children. God bless them.. best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You. I'm looking forward to working with them.

      Delete